Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bruce Kluger & David Slavin: Christmas Crisis: Santa Laid Off!


"Hi, I'm Santa Claus. No, not some smelly saucehead ringing a bell for the Salvation Army: I'm the Real McKringle. You know, red suit, white beard, massive butt. Guess what? I got FIRED by the mega-corporation that bought my Workshop. So for the first time in 970 years, it seems I've got some time on my hands now. Time to 'spend with my family.' Time to try out some new careers. Time to blog."


2010-11-12-SantaBestBuy.png

Day 9: Dressed to Kill...Myself
Went to Best Buy for a job interview. Thought I had it, too, until they told me I had to wear one of those god-awful blue polo shirts. I told them I'm a winter -- I look good in reds, whites, blacks, that kind of thing. I told them I had my own suit, too, but the asshats wouldn't budge. You be the judge. I think I look like Papa Smurf.


2010-11-12-StarbucksSanta.png

Day 13: Shoot. Me. Now.


2010-11-12-SantaTaxi.png

Day 15: Crash Test Dummy
Mrs. Claus said I should get a job driving a cab. Can I drive? Yes. A sleigh. Pulled by flying reindeer. In the middle of the night. That doesn't mean I can drive a Crown Vic in the middle of rush hour! But I gave it a shot. (Note to self: check life insurance policy--she's probably upped my coverage again.)

2010-11-12-ChristmasBallONWHITE.PNG

NOW ON SALE!

2010-11-08-TTNBCCOVERMEDIUM.PNG

Twas the Night Before Christmas: 21st Century Edition (Andrews McMeel)
By Bruce Kluger and David Slavin
TwasTheBook Website
TwasTheBook on Facebook
TwasTheBook on Twitter
Sacked Santa (Santa's Unemployment Blog, on Tumblr)

?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment